THIS PRO-LEVEL XC FLYER PAIRS NEW FLEXPOINT PRO REAR SUSPENSION WITH A SUPERLIGHT FULL COMPOSITE FRAME AND RACE-READY GEOMETRY. IT’S THE ULTIMATE WEAPON FOR TECHNICAL CROSS-COUNTRY TERRAIN.
KEY PERFORMANCE FACTORS
Next-generation Advanced composite mainframe and rear swingarm are 250g lighter than the previous version. The bottom bracket area is stiffer for faster acceleration, and a steeper seat tube puts the rider in an efficient, front-forward climbing position.
All-new FlexPoint Pro suspension delivers 100mm of smooth, active rear travel. The re-engineered frameset features modern XC geometry including a slacker 67.5-degree headtube and 110mm suspension fork for technical descents.
29er stability and speed
Frame geometry and suspension are optimized for larger-diameter 29-inch wheels. A longer reach and updated cockpit including a 35mm composite handlebar and alloy stem further boost balance and stability on XC terrain.
Engineered with a full composite frameset, this 29er has 100mm of rear suspension travel and 110mm up front. The linkage-driven, single-pivot FlexPoint Pro rear suspension makes room for shorter chainstays to improve climbing capabilities and overall agility. Other updates include new 29er-specific XC race geometry with a longer reach and a slacker headtube angle plus a lightweight, stiff composite wheelset for quick, precise handling.
- High-performance grade raw carbon material is used to produce this custom frame material in our own composite factory. The mainframe and rear swingarm are handcrafted with monocoque construction for optimized stiffness-to-weight and ultra-responsive ride quality.
FLEXPOINT PRO SUSPENSION
- Developed as superlight rear suspension for XC bikes that demand efficiency, control, and responsive handling, this linkage-driven, single-pivot system delivers 100mm of rear-wheel travel. It’s engineered with a full-composite swingarm to minimize frame weight.
XC RACE GEOMETRY
- The superlight composite frame is optimized for efficiency and control with an updated 67.5-degree head tube angle, longer reach, and a 110mm suspension fork for fast, technical XC performance.
- Giant’s proven oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings (1 1/2" lower and 1 1/8" upper) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
- New Giant Contact SL stem and composite handlebar with a larger 35mm diameter and ample width for more control and leverage while descending, sprinting and climbing.
- Wider hub spacing (110mm front/148mm rear) results in stiffer wheels for added control plus more tire clearance and an improved chain line to improve drivetrain performance.
ADVANCED FORGED COMPOSITE
- A state-of-the-art high-pressure molding process is used to produce the composite rocker arm, making it lighter, stiffer and stronger than aluminum.
- A massively oversized bottom bracket/chainstay area features a fully integrated, 92mm bottom bracket design. Asymmetric chainstays provide additional stiffness on the driveside and stability on the non-driveside.
- Lightweight, stiff and durable carbon wheels and tubeless tires deliver race-ready efficiency and precision handling.
INTEGRATED CABLE PORTS
- New design for internal cable routing offers a clean look and performance for derailleur, brake and dropper post cables and housing.
CUSTOM CHAIN GUIDE
- All-new Giant/MRP chain guide reduces the chance of the chain falling off the chainring on rough, technical XC terrain.
|A||SEAT TUBE LENGTH (mm)||390||420||465||495|
|B||SEAT TUBE ANGLE||75.5°||75.5°||75.5°||75.5°|
|C||TOP TUBE LENGTH (mm)||572||604||626||653|
|D||HEAD TUBE LENGTH (mm)||90||95||105||115|
|E||HEAD TUBE ANGLE||67.5°||67.5°||67.5°||67.5°|
|F||FORK RAKE (mm)||44||44||44||44|
|I||CHAIN STAY LENGTH (mm)||435||435||435||435|
|J||BOTTOM BRACKET DROP (mm)||42||42||42||42|
|M||STAND OVER HEIGHT (mm)||745||750||777||800|
|N||HANDLEBAR WIDTH (mm)||760||760||760||760|
|O||STEM LENGTH (mm)||60||70||70||70|
|P||CRANK LENGTH (mm)||170||175||175||175|
|Small||5'4" - 5’8"|
|Medium||5'7" - 5’11"|
|Large||5'10" - 6’2"|
|X-Large||6'2" - 6'6"|
|Frame||Advanced-Grade Composite front and rear triangles, 100mm FlexPoint Pro suspension, 12x148mm thru-axle|
|Fork||Fox 34 Float SC Performance Remote, 110mm, FIT4 damper, Boost 15x110 Kabolt, 44mm offset, remote lockout, custom tuned for Giant|
|Rear Shock||Fox Float DPS Performance Elite, 165/45, custom tuned for Giant|
|Rims||Giant XCR 2 29 Carbon WheelSystem|
|Hubs||Giant XCR 2 29 Carbon WheelSystem|
|Spokes||Giant XCR 2 29 Carbon WheelSystem|
|Tires||Maxxis Recon Race 29x2.4, foldable, TLR, EXO, tubeless|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano, press fit|
|Crankset||Shimano SLX, 32t S:170mm, M:175mm, L:175mm, XL:175mm|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore SLX M7100, 1x12|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Deore SLX RD-M7100|
|Cassette/Freewheel||Shimano SLX M7100, 10x51|
|Brakes||Shimano Deore BR-M6100, hydraulic, Shimano RT-56 rotors [F]180mm, [R]160mm|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Deore BL-M6100|
|Handlebars||Giant Contact XC Flat, composite, 760x35mm|
|Tape/Grips||Giant XC Pro S:32mm, M:32mm, L:34mm, XL:34mm|
|Stem||Giant Contact SL XC, 35mm S:60mm, M:70mm, L:70mm, XL:70mm|
|Seatpost||Giant Contact Switch dropper, remote S: 125mm travel / 30.9 x 395mm M: 125mm travel / 30.9 x 395mm L: 150mm travel / 30.9 x 440mm XL: 150mm travel / 30.9 x 445mm|
|Saddle||Fi'zi:k Antares R7 with S-Alloy rails|
|Accessories & Extras||tubeless prepared, 2.4" max tire size, 34t max chainring size, Giant/MRP CS chain guide|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Black Diamond / Small||04712878770249||2201013104|
|Black Diamond / Medium||04712878770256||2201013105|
|Black Diamond / X-Large||04712878789005||2201013108|